Friday, July 18, 2008

A letter to our Bean 2 Be

When I was pregnant Charlotte from work was kind enough to give me a book filled with letters from parents to their children. I loved it and it inspired me to write a letter for my bean 2 be. Here is a copy of my letter -


Dear Baby -

You are finally almost here and I can hardly wait to meet you. I have wished this moment for so long I am often afraid that this is all a dream and you aren't really in there. But then you give me a drop kick to the ribs and I am overcome with excitement all over again.


Being pregnant with you little one has not been an easy ride, I have been sick more than I care to remember, I have been emotional (I think your dad would say I am also a little grouchy), I have gained more weight than I had hoped (darn ice cream - gets me every time), you have left a road map on my belly, I have had random yelling attacks on complete strangers, I have abandoned all hopes of being fashionable and I have terrible heartburn.
But these have been the best days of my life and it only gets better from here.

Sometimes I am scared to be your mom - will I do everything right? Will you be healthy? How will I care for you when you are sick? How will I know what to do? But then I remember, I have you now and we will figure this out together. I will warn you now, I will make mistakes, probobly a lot of them. I will never be perfect, but I will always try my best and I will always love you with all that I have.

You are so lucky to have the family that you do - your Dad is going to be the best father to you. I have spent years watching him love and care for your cousins and he is really good at it. In fact, it is one of the things I love most about your Dad. Your grandparents, and Aunts and Uncles cant wait to meet you, they have been beside us every step of the way through our adventure into parenthood.

I have so many hopes for you in life. I hope you always feel loved and supported in all that you do and that you feel confident in yourself and your abilities. That you are loving to others, generous in nature and ambitious with your dreams. I hope you laugh often and create a life of memories good enough to share with others.

I love you little bean - today, tomorrow and always. Now lets get this show on the road!

No comments: