Monday, December 22, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Aunt Jodie also deserves a BIG thank you for finding this adorable outfit for the bean's pictures. We think Jodie is doing an excellent job at boosting Ontario's retail economy!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
There was an article in Parenting magazine I was reading a few weeks ago about recognizing that not all Christmases' are festive and grand - and that sometimes, for some people the holidays are more of a hassle and stress than a happy occasion. The truth behind this article is really sad. I myself have experienced many Christmases' over the years that were wrought with stress and anxiety, but that never prevented the actual day from being any less exciting. It can be difficult to fit everything in that you want to over the Holiday season, especially with added pressure from work, children's activities etc. But when you break it all down, are we really a society that views too many festive events at once as a chore? If that were the case we would all hate Oktoberfest! If the worse thing that should happen to us over the holidays is that we have too many people to share wonderful presents with, or too many invites to handle - well then I would say things are pretty darn good.
So my wish for you Georgie girl, is that you always see each holiday as a blessing. That spending time with family is special, that each gift is recognized as a gift and not a privilege and most importantly, I hope you gain more joy from giving, than getting. As you grow older, I hope you will welcome the many invites that will surely come your way and appreciate all of the little things that make each holiday special (like your mother!).
Friday, November 21, 2008
Yes, its true! The other night Georgia and I were shopping at Old Navy, after browsing the store for awhile I took my purchases up to the cashier, paid and we left. Just as I was about to put Georgia in the car I couldn't help but notice that Georgia had also done some shopping! What was in her stroller you ask? A very cute hat and mitts set that apparently she decided she needed! So after taking a quick picture with my camera phone we promptly returned to Old Navy and returned Georgia's items.
I have saved the best little tidbit of info for the end - The hat and mittens set PERFECTLY matched her outfit! That's my girl :)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Andy and Cindy were gracious hosts, it was fun to spend time with them and get to know them a little better. Here is a few things that I learned:
Monday, November 3, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Here is a shot of Georgia's 2nd crawl (sorry Trev, I didn't quite get the first on camera...)
But then to be honest, as excited as I was, I couldnt help but to be sad (translation- burst into tears) that Georgia really isnt a baby anymore. She truly is a little toddler now...
PS - if you happen to catch the commentary in the video, it turns out that I didnt actually know what day it was.... Georgias first crawl was actually on Oct 29, not the 30th. But dont forget it was before my morning coffee :)
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
So, for a few months I must say goodbye to moosetracks ice cream and hello to all things green (lettuce, broccoli etc.).
Why am I announcing it here? Well, mostly because once its out there, I simply cant go back! So, I hereby pronounce I am bringing back my booty, one salad at a time :) Wish me luck!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
I decided to take some time and share some of the things I have learned about Georgia thus far:
- She loves being around people, big or small. She rarely plays strange (except for a few ppl, sorry Andrew and Mike!) and enjoys watching activity around her
- Georgia LOVES to hear herself talk (I am told she gets this from me, but I want to set the record straight that her father also loves to hear himself talk :)
- Georgia is the worlds biggest Daddy suck. She can be at her most fussiest moment and the minute she lays eyes on Trevor she is the happiest baby in Baden. Of course, I am sure Trevor wonders what I was complaining about when he called 5 minutes before....
- Georgia sleeps with her little blankie and her nuk. She rarely lets me rock her to sleep or cuddle with her, even at this age she is a very independent baby with very strong opinions.
- Georgia 's favourite toys are Sophie the Giraffe, rack-a-stack and her whoosit.
- Georgia has a very healthy appetite and loves to eat, her favourite foods so far are peas, frozen fruit in a net and mum mums.
- Georgia has a smile for everyone, literally every time I look at her she has a smile to share.
With only a few months to go until I go back to work, I intend on enjoying every minute with her. I genuinely believed that I would never have this opportunity to share these moments with a baby of our own, and it is everything i ever hoped and a whole lot more.