Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Eight Months Georgia!


I can hardly believe it, in a few short weeks my little bean is turning 8 months old. Every day lately she has been learning something new or developing in some way. All of the sudden it feels like her growth is on fast forward! Am I strange to wish I could press pause until I am ready for the next step?

I decided to take some time and share some of the things I have learned about Georgia thus far:

- She loves being around people, big or small. She rarely plays strange (except for a few ppl, sorry Andrew and Mike!) and enjoys watching activity around her
- Georgia LOVES to hear herself talk (I am told she gets this from me, but I want to set the record straight that her father also loves to hear himself talk :)
- Georgia is the worlds biggest Daddy suck. She can be at her most fussiest moment and the minute she lays eyes on Trevor she is the happiest baby in Baden. Of course, I am sure Trevor wonders what I was complaining about when he called 5 minutes before....
- Georgia sleeps with her little blankie and her nuk. She rarely lets me rock her to sleep or cuddle with her, even at this age she is a very independent baby with very strong opinions.
- Georgia 's favourite toys are Sophie the Giraffe, rack-a-stack and her whoosit.
- Georgia has a very healthy appetite and loves to eat, her favourite foods so far are peas, frozen fruit in a net and mum mums.
- Georgia has a smile for everyone, literally every time I look at her she has a smile to share.

With only a few months to go until I go back to work, I intend on enjoying every minute with her. I genuinely believed that I would never have this opportunity to share these moments with a baby of our own, and it is everything i ever hoped and a whole lot more.


No comments: