Sunday, February 22, 2009

One is Fun!





As promised, here are some pics from Georgia's big birthday bash at Busy Bee's. For this particular event G only had one costume to wear but I know my readers would be proud. She was decked head to toe in pink (Aunt Jodie was happy about that) with a gorgeous pink tutu, compliments of Grammie.
All of her pint sized friends attended the festivities, with the exception of Olivia who had a sick mommy. It was fun to have a "real" party for Georgia. Planning this party reminded me of Denby's birthday party, with the main exceptions being that this party was cheaper, less stressful and Georgia didn't run away to chase after a pig. I am afraid the tales of Denby's 1st Birthday bash will have to be saved for another blog, on another day...

Anyway, the party started out with some playtime. There were balls in a ball tub, a big bouncy thing and a whole whack of other little toys for kids of all ages. At 4 we served cake (check out picture below - the cake was made by Penny (thank you!) to look like Georgia). Unfortunatley Georgia did not want to try the cake at all.... but I have no doubt one day she will love cake!
Then we opened presents and the party wrapped up at 5. It was a great day!

Here is a collection of pictures generously taken by Cathie. It is so nice having a family member who loves to take pictures and keeps them. I have to say, I want to be a picture taker and I even carry my camera with me everywhere. But, I seldom take pictures and I seem to lose them all of the time. I guess it isn't in my makeup!

No comments: